Child age and weight
Easy Folding and Carrying
Security and Comfort
based on 154 customer reviews
Feel factor: 12
I needed a portable, lightweight stroller for the visiting grand-baby and this seemed perfect. It is easy to use, lightweight and seems durable. The only thing I do not like about it is how the canopy fits on and that fact that the canopy is pretty much useless for shading the baby from much sun. It just isn't big enough and doesn't smooth out enough, but it is an improvement over the dinosaur when my children were little. These things have come a long way.
Posted on: 2010-09-26
Love the stroller, wish weight limit were hig
This stroller is lightweight as it promises and easy to use. We were going to purchase another one for our 3 year old, since we thought this would make bringing 2 strollers a breeze and they could be linked if needed. However, the weight only goes to 40 (or less I think) and this fact was hard to find anywhere but on the manual. We like that the handle height is higher than most of the cheaper umbrella strollers and we don't have a hard time with it (5'6" and 5'9"). Since we have one child that likes to walk most of the time, it's nice that this one can be folded up and carried for those moments when he wants to be a big boy.
Posted on: 2010-09-20
By Eric Monroe
Lives up to the promises
I was looking for a lightweight umbrella stroller to use when traveling. I selected this stroller because it had taller handles than most others and my husband and I are on the taller side (6'4" and 5'7" respectively). This is nice, but the wheels are pretty close together and the handles don't tilt back far enough to provide a lot of separation between your feet and the wheels, so if you're not conscious of how your walking, your feet will continuously hit the wheels. Kind of annoying, but for the price, worth getting used to.
The basket underneath is a decent size...fits my purse and sweater or other smaller items. I purchased a separate mesh bag with cup holders and zippered pocket to attach to the handles and this provides plenty of extra space and folds with the stroller as well. Also should mention that it comes with a carrying case which is nice since the airport travel can make the stroller pretty dirty...mine is still nice and clean.
If you just have one kiddo and need something lightweight and versatile, than this is a good purchase for you. My son is now three and we are expecting our second child in December. If I had it to do over (since we knew we were going to try for a second child), I would have purchased the Joovy ultralight sit-n-stand instead of this one. Just my two cents.
Hope this helps.
Posted on: 2010-08-03
Remember, it is just an umbrella stroller!
Okay, we all like to nitpick our strollers, so here's what I dislike about this one:
1. The release mechanism to fold it is hard to use when you are wearing flip flops. I live in a hot state and wear flip flops most days.
2. The basket underneath is trivial. I can throw a water bottle and my wallet down there, but that's about it. Typically I hang my diaper bag on the handles.
3. The clip that holds it together when folded takes too much pressure to engage, so I just don't bother. I really couldn't care less about this since I can wrap my hand around it so that it stays put, which is what I do!
4. Yes, the wheels rub on the canopy when folded. My canopy is black so this doesn't show very much. I have found that it wipes right off. I've only had to clean it twice in the year I've been using it. But then again, I'm not off-roading with this thing. I have a jogger for that.
5. Yes, the harness clip is hard to engage, but I prefer this to one that is too easy for my kid to undo. So I find this to be a perk.
Now let's get real about some of the "issues" that people have here:
1. This is an umbrella stroller. Repeat: umbrella stroller. This is not the stroller you use to go out walking. This is not the stroller you use for a hard-core shopping day. This is the stroller you keep in your car so that you're never without one. This is the stroller you use for quick trips in and out of a store because you don't want to use your bigger, nice stroller. This is the stroller you grab because it sets up quickly. This is not a workhorse stroller. To compare it with a travel system stroller or an all-terrain stroller is unfit. It's comparing your compact care to a large sedan or SUV.
2. This stroller is light on features. Again, because it is just an umbrella stroller. Of course it doesn't have trays or fancy breaks or fancy handles or fancy reclining systems.
3. What makes this better than the el-cheapo $25 strollers you see everywhere is that it does have some features, and that is what you are paying for. The handle grips are wider and more comfortable. It has a basket, though small. It has a canopy. It reclines, though just a tad. It has a 5-point reclining system. The seat is wider. It is sturdy. My beef with the generic store umbrella strollers is that they look as if they might crumble if my fat cat jumped into them.
4. If you think that these features are not worth the extra $30-$50 in price, then go get the stripped down version. Or spend the extra money for that all-terrain you've had your eye one ;)
Long story short: If you want a fancier umbrella stroller, this is the one for you. If you want something other than an umbrella stroller, look elsewhere.
Posted on: 2010-08-03
By Ayn Prinn
Helpful index: 100%
Chicco Capri Stroller
Great Stroller. 1/2 the price of the Maclaren but all the features. Only drawback would be if your child is tall, his/her head may reach the top of the back of the stroller quickly . My little girl is small for 2 years so this stroller is a perfect fit for her and should last us a while. Used on our first trip to Philadelphia with her - on the train, the subway, and the bus - and was perfect.
Posted on: 2010-07-30
By Dog Doctor
based on 97 customer reviews
Feel factor: 21
Love this stroller
I was really nervous about getting this stroller i thought i wasn't going to recline enough for my 6 month old who likes taking naps still while we are out. But this stroller is perfect, we had purchased a travel system its just a waste of money if i would've known how much i hated it i could have saved money and just got a car seat n this stroller. My son would have defiantly fit in it when he was born, plus it reclines so perfectly its even perfect for a new born all the was up to a toddler. Plus GREAT price!!
Posted on: 2010-09-24
LOVED this stroller!
I typed "loved" because my 13 month old 26 pound 31 inch son has just outgrown it. I cannot see a 50 pound child fitting in this, even though it will supposedly hold one. Other than that, we love love loved it for over a year. Used it pretty much every single day, heavily. In the past month or so, it's gotten a little creaky and the treads on the tires are completely worn down. My only complaints are that the sun shade is a bit skimpy, the storage basket is a bit hard to get to, and the handles are not adjustable. That being said, my son has always loved this stroller so it must be pretty comfy. It is very lightweight and easy to maneuver. Easy to fold and unfold one-handed. Parent organizer pockets are handy, a good size for mail. The handles, fortunately, are a good height for me (I'm 5'6") and for my husband (5'11"), which we "test drove" several strollers for when I was pregnant. The handles are comfy too. It's fairly easy to maneuver through tight spaces.
Posted on: 2010-08-25
By Jessica Yaun
Love this Stroller!
I have to say, I really love this stroller. I bought mine 3 years ago. The stroller has seen a lot of duty and been used for 2 kids. My 4 year old still rides in it from time to time. She is 42 inches tall and still fits. I love the one handed fold and the handle for carrying. When my son rides in it, my daughter holds the handle on the side which is great because I always know where she is! The stroller is ideal for airport trips and travels. It is light weight and easy to transport. I am buying a second one because sadly on my last trip the airline broke it.
Posted on: 2010-08-12
By Amanda Pope
Purchased this stroller for my 2 1/2 yr old who is 39" tall and is 37 lbs. This is a beautiful stroller. Easy to put together (actually my 16 yr old put it together for me). However, the stroller does not accommodate a taller toddler. Her head was about 5" above the back rest and she looked "stuffed" into the stroller. Like I said I love the stroller itself. It is sturdy, has a nice size basket underneath, and handles are perfect height. I just wish it were a little wider and taller! I would even toss the canopy aside and add more inches to the back rest! Hope Graco is listening!
Posted on: 2010-07-29
We bought this stroller instead of an umbrella stroller as we're both tall. It's been great. We've taken it all over the world - it folds up very small and is very handy. Our 2.5 year old still fits in it fine. We've had no trouble with the quality. The only thing missing is a parent console for drinks.
Posted on: 2010-07-21
By Leanne Maljaars